Read&Write is an easy-to-use toolbar that makes documents, files, and webpages accessible. The software offers a variety of features, like reading out loud, built-in dictionaries, summary highlighters, and turning text into audio files. The software is available to all UConn students through a site license provided by the Center for Students with Disabilities.
Read&Write integrates reading, writing, studying, and research support tools. These tools enable users to:
Hear online text read aloud
Convert documents into MP3 files
Advanced spellchecker and word prediction
Use screen masking to help you concentrate
Unlock PDFs for easy editing
Scan paper documents to digital
- Navigate to the Read&Write product page.
- Scroll down to and click Try Read&Write Today.
- Choose the appropriate operating system (Windows or Mac) for the device on which you are downloading Read&Write.
- Select the Read&Write (US English) option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for the installation.
- Log in with your UConn email and password once Read&Write has been installed.