Students, faculty, and staff of all campuses (including UConn Health Center) are able to change the way their name displays in UConn directories.
This article is for changing your display name. If you wish to change your email alias (the text before "@uconn.edu" in your uconn email), please go to Changing my UConn Email Address.
Changing your preferred name
- Go to netid.uconn.edu, and sign in with NetID and password.
- Hover over My NetID and select Change Preferred Name. The next page will display your legal name.
- If you wish to:
- use your legal name, leave the "Synced With Legal Name" radio button on. You can choose how you want your name to be formatted in the "Display Name Format" section.
- change your name in the UConn directories to a name other than your legal name, turn the "Synced With Legal Name" slider off and enter your desired name.
- Click the radio button beside the name format of your choice. This is how your name will appear in the directories.
- Click Change Display Name.