Faculty, staff, and students who have an active Office 365 account can use Microsoft Teams to schedule an online audio/video meeting. This article describes how to schedule a meeting in the Teams app and in Outlook.
Scheduling a Meeting in the Teams App
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- On the sidebar to the left, click on Calendar.
- In the top right corner, click on the purple button that says +New Meeting.
- Please add a title to the Add title field, and add the attendees to the Invite People field.
- Be sure to add the room you are trying to book in the Invite People field. Do not put the room in the location.
- Utilize the Scheduling Assistant in order to find when a room is available, or when all attendees are available.
- Finish filling in details such as Start and End time, and then click Send to book the meeting.
- You should receive a confirmation email when this is complete.
Scheduling a Teams Meeting in Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Open up the Calendar tab at the bottom left.
- Click on New Teams Meeting in the top toolbar.
- Book the meeting as normal for Microsoft Outlook, by completing the following steps.
- Add any attendees to the .. Field, as well as the room you are trying to book.
- Utilize Scheduling Assistant to determine when the room and attendees are all available.
- Complete other fields (Subject, Start and End Time) and then click Send to book the meeting.
- You should receive a confirmation email.