Faculty, students and staff who have Office 365 accounts and wish to use Microsoft Teams can join a scheduled meeting.
There are multiple ways to access and join a meeting in Teams, including via link, phone, calendar, channel, or chat.
Joining with a Link
To join a Teams meeting using a link,
- Click on the link provided in your Teams meeting invitation. Your meeting will automatically open in Teams.
- Alternatively, you can click on Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- If you have a Teams account, you will then be prompted to Sign in to access the meeting chat and other features. Log in using your Office 365 email address and password.
If you do not have a Teams account, you may have the option to enter your name into the meeting as a guest, provided the meeting organizer has given you permission,
Joining by Phone
If the meeting invite lists a phone number and conference ID, then you can join that meeting by phone.
To join a Teams meeting by phone,
- The invite, if it can be joined by phone, will list both a toll and a toll-free phone number. You can select either of these numbers, depending on your needs and preferences.
- Dial the appropriate phone number.
- Enter the conference ID when prompted.
The invitation will also have a list of local numbers to select from. You can select a phone number from this list instead, if the toll and toll-free phone numbers are not local to you.
Joining from your Teams Calendar
To join a Teams meeting from your calendar,
- Select the Calendar from the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
Click on any image on this page to view at full size.
- From your calendar, click on the meeting you wish to attend. A window will appear with a Join button.
- Click Join.
Joining by Channel
Channels are team subsets; they enable team members to hold conversations and share files about separate projects that do not require the participation of all team members. You can join a Teams meeting from a channel as well, and the meeting will only include the memebr listed in the channel.
To join a Teams meeting via channel, click on the Join button.