AIT provides access to Webex for all faculty, staff, and students to host and join video conferences using Webex. Classes can be taught remotely, meetings can be held across the world, and interviews can be conducted securely. Webex Rooms can share any combination of audio, video, and the content on your screen. Webex sessions can also be recorded for future viewing.
- Free for UConn Students, Faculty, Staff, and Departments.
- Default 1,000 Participant Limit.
- Built in live-streaming available to help reach audiences.
- Maximum session time of 24 hours.
- You may schedule up to 3 concurrent sessions per account.
- Can share your voice, camera, screen, and files.
- Can be recorded.
- Automatic Transcript Generation for all Recordings (~90% accuracy, easily editable).
Webex can be utilized when either faculty or students cannot attend class in person. With two-way interaction, students can remain involved in discussion even when not physically present. Webex Rooms can be hosted from enabled UConn rooms, personal computers, smart phones, and phone lines. Learn which UConn rooms are "enabled" or you can view the Teaching Remotely Guide.
Webex is a secure tool for holding meetings when not all participants can be physically present. Using a UConn room, a personal computer, or a smart phone, you can host international meetings. Learn how to Host and Join a Webex Room
- Learn how to Schedule a Meeting
- Learn how to Schedule an Online Class
- Learn how to Schedule a Webex Event (seminars and other one-way events)
Webex can be used to host interviews. Remote committee members and candidates can join together for the interviewing process. Interviews can be recorded for subsequent consideration. Learn how to set up interviews in Webex
Report a Webex Trouble Ticket
- Please review these Troubleshooting Articles before submitting a ticket: Troubleshooting Webex
- Use this link to Submit a Webex Trouble Ticket or to report inappropriate activity: AIT Webex Ticket Support
- Webex is HIPAA Complaint
- Learn more here: