Webex, a video conferencing systems supported by the University, allows participants to communicate via video, audio, and shared screens. This section is for users seeking information regarding how to join or host a Webex meeting.
Anyone with a NetID can initiate a Webex meeting with people inside and outside of UConn.
Joining a Webex Meeting
There are four ways to join a Webex meeting.
- Browser: The Webex application can run entirely within your Chrome browser. Click here to learn how to join using just your browser, no install required.
- The Desktop Application requires download and installation, and it is useful for frequent Webex use. Click here to learn about the Desktop Application.
- Phone: A smart phone enables audio/video sharing, but you can also join with a phone/landline to share audio exclusively.
- Certain UConn Classrooms can be used to join meetings. Find Webex enabled rooms here.
Hosting a Webex Meeting
- If you wish to host a meeting, use one of the following methods: