As technology changes, so must the information that supports it. The IT Knowledge Base (KB) is a dynamic resource designed to share the expertise of our IT professionals with our UConn community. In line with the philosophy, we welcome additions and revisions from all IT professionals at the University.
ITS welcomes contributions from all IT professionals at UConn. To edit and add to the KB, you need an account on Confluence, the platform for the KB. If you are a UConn IT professionals and would like access to this resource, contact ITKB@uconn.edu to request an account.
Once you have been given access to the KB, the next step is to login.
When you are not logged in to Confluence, you will see the theme that we applied to our space. This theme improves usability and the appearance of the KB. To make updates to the content displayed, you need to login to Confluence, the application ITS uses for the KB.
Logging into the IT Knowledge Base for the First Time
- Go to kb.uconn.edu.
- Click Login in the upper navigation bar and enter your NetID and password.
- The IT Knowledge Base is a space within Confluence. After you log in, you may be taken to a main page for Confluence but not the IT Knowledge Base. If this happens, click Spaces in the upper navigation and select Space Directory.
- Type in IT Knowledge Base in the search/filter field. Then click IT Knowledge Base in the list of spaces.
- You are now on the homepage for the IT Knowledge Base. Navigate the space through either the page tree or search box.
If you are on a page and can improve the information provided, please feel free to edit the page. Here's how:
- Login: Click Log In in the upper right corner of your screen, and enter your NetID credentials.
- Navigate to the page you wish to revise. Click Edit in the upper right navigation.
- Enter your changes using the text editor tools.
- Click the blue Update button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Your changes are live.
If you are already logged in to Confluence and viewing the content within the theme, you can click on Viewport Control in the left side of the screen to switch to the Confluence view and edit the page.