Faculty and staff have access to the collaboration and productivity tools within G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Education). These services include Drive, Docs, Hangouts, and Forms. To have access, faculty and staff need to first create a G Suite account.
Create a faculty/staff account
- Visit email.uconn.edu/g-suite/.
- Click the Create Faculty/Staff Account button.
- Login with your NetID and NetID password.
- Click the I want to opt in! button to create your account.
- Review the terms of service, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Accept button.
- Create a password for your UConn Google account. This will be used when you log into any Google application with your UConn credentials. Click the Submit Password button.
- Upon completion, a message displays: "Congratulations, Your new gmail account has been created."
- Try logging into your account for the first time at drive.google.com using firstname.lastname@example.org as the username and the password you just set.
When faculty or staff create an account, they will receive an email account (gmail) on G Suite. This is not their university email service, and they will not receive university email in this gmail account. Faculty and staff have their institutional accounts on Office 365.