This article covers how faculty, staff, and students can set up their UConn G Suite account for the first time. By setting up an account, you gain access to services, such as Calendar, Classroom, Drive and Docs, Gmail, and Hangouts.
When faculty or staff create an account, they will receive an email account (gmail) on G Suite. This not their university email service, and they will not receive university email in this gmail account. Faculty and staff have their institutional accounts on Office 365.
As a student, you will be notified that you have a G-Suite account once you confirm your acceptance to the university. Once you have been notified of your G-Suite account and have received your NetID, follow the instructions below:
- To set your password, navigate to email.uconn.edu/g-suite/ and click the Activate/Reset Password button on the right-hand side.
- Enter your NetID and NetID password and click Login.
- Create a password for your UConn Google account. This will be used when you log into any Google application with your UConn credentials. Click Submit.
- Now you can access your University email account from home and when you are at school using your firstname.lastname@example.org as the username and the password you just set. Visit http://gmail.uconn.edu to test your account.
- If you have issues accessing your account, first verify your UConn email address in the UConn Phone book.
- Enter your name and click the Search button.
Faculty and Staff
- Visit email.uconn.edu/g-suite/.
- Click the Create Faculty/Staff Account button.
- Login with your NetID and NetID password.
- Click the I want to opt in! button to create your account.
- Review the terms of service, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Accept button.
- Create a password for your UConn Google account. This will be used when you log into any Google application with your UConn credentials. Click the Submit Password button.
- Upon completion, a message displays: "Congratulations, Your new gmail account has been created."
- Try logging into your account for the first time at drive.google.com using email@example.com as the username and the password you just set.