This article is for students, faculty, and staff who want to use Outlook or Apple Mail with Gmail on their Windows or Mac desktop device.
Apple Mail is the built-in email client for Mac operating systems.
Setting Up Gmail on Outlook for Windows
- Open the Windows Start menu, search for the Control Panel, and click on the icon for Mail.
Click the Show Profiles button.
If this is the first time you have set up your email, this dialogue will not appear.
- Click the Add… button to create a new email account.
- Enter a Descriptive Name as your profile name and click OK.
- In the Email Account fields, enter the following information:
- Your Name: First name Last name
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Password: NetID password
- Re-type password: NetID password
- Click Next to continue.
- A pop-up will appear with your firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter your NetID password and then check "Remember my credentials." Click OK.
- Click Finish.
Setting Up Gmail on Outlook for Mac
- Open Outlook.
- Navigate to Tools > Accounts.
- Click Add Account or + at the bottom left of the window.
- Enter your UConn Gmail (email@example.com) address and click Continue.
- Exit out of the Office 365 login that pops up.
- On the set up your email window, click Not Office365?
- Click Gmail.
- Enter your Gmail password.
- Click Done and exit out of Accounts window.
Setting Up Gmail in Apple Mail
- Open Apple Mail and go to Mail > Add Account…
- Select Google and click Continue.
- Enter your email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- Select Mail and any other Apps you want to use with this account.
- Click Done.