Faculty and staff can add firstname.lastname@example.org as a sender to their Listserv list, allowing them to send announcements to a department, school, college, or division.
NoteOnly owners of the list are allowed to add email@example.com as a sender.
Check the Configuration of the List
There are two ways to add firstname.lastname@example.org as a sender to the list, depending on the configuration of the list. To check the configuration of the list:
- Navigate to listserv.uconn.edu and log in with your Listserv credentials.
- Click on the List Management menu in the top left corner.
- Hover over List Configuration and click on Manual List Configuration.
- Click on the list you wish to edit.
- Scroll and look for the setting "Send=", and check what the "Send=" setting is set to.
"Send=" can be either set to "Owner" or "Hold, Confirm".
- If "Send=" is set to "Owner," follow Method 1 below.
- If "Send=" contains "Hold,Confirm," then follow Method 2 below.
Method 1: "Send=Owner"
If "Send=" is set to "Owner", then follow these steps:
- Add "send= email@example.com" to the Listserv header as a new line.
- Click on Save in the bottom right.
Method 2: "Send=Hold,Confirm"
If "Send=" contains "Hold,Confirm", follow these steps:
- Click on List Management in the top left corner and select Subscriber Management.
- In "Add New Subscriber," add firstname.lastname@example.org as a new subscriber to the list. Make sure the option “Do Not Notify the User” is selected before you click “Add to ListName-L.”
- In "Examine or Delete Subscription," search for email@example.com to edit its settings.
- Under "Notfication Options," make sure that "Do Not Notify the User" is selected.
- Under "Miscellaneous," make sure that "Mail delivery disabled temporarily" is checked.
- Click on Update to save any changes made.