This article is intended for users who wish to manage attachments in Listserv. Listserv is an electronic mailing list that allows users to send emails to large amounts of recipients. You can request a listserv and subscribe/unsubscribe through the Listserv website. Listserv owners must have the attachment setting enabled in order to send attachments.
Managing Attachments on Listserv
- Navigate to the Listserv Website
- Login with your credentials.
- If you do not have an account with Listerv, create one using these instructions
- To modify the attachment setting on the list, click on List Management–>List Configuration–>Manual List Configuration
- Click on the Edit List Configuration Wizard
- Click on the Access Control tab and make sure "Attachments" value is set to "Yes"
- "Yes" will allow any type of content to be sent by the list
- "No" will not allow content to be attached except for plain text and HTML text
- "All" will allow any inline, encoded files to be sent.
You can restrict the type of attachment that can be sent by specifying the file types under the “Allowed Types” field.
- A value of image,application/*msword will allow all image types and any MS Word documents
Enabling the filter will ensure to strip messages of any attachments that are not specified in the “allowed types” field
The message will be sent through the list, and the sender will not be notified of the stripping
allowed types=image,application/*msword ; Filter=on
This will allow any image or MS Word docs will be sent through, and all other attachments stripped