Students, faculty and staff can set up a mass mail account in Outlook for Mac. Mass mail enables a sender to email a large number of recipients at one time through the SMTP server without their account being locked for suspected spamming.
Creating a Mass Mail Account
- Email email@example.com to request an account setup.
- When the setup is confirmed, you will be sent a username and password. Save this information for later.
Open Microsoft Outlook 2016.
NoteYou must use the Outlook Client program installed on your computer. Outlook Web Access will not work for the mass mail account.
- Sign into your Outlook account if prompted.
- Select Tools in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select Accounts on the far-left side of the toolbar.
- On the page that appears, select Add Email Account.
- Enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the space provided.
- Important: Once you hit continue, quickly select Not Office365? in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the IMAP/POP option at the bottom of the page.
- On the window that appears, enter your email account.
- Enter the following information in the incoming and outgoing server fields.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Tools in the upper-left corner.
- Select Accounts.
- In the window that appears, select More Options at the bottom of the box.
- In the window that appears, click on the Authentication drop-down.
- Select Username and Password.
- In the Username and Password boxes, enter the username and password sent to you by ITS. Select OK.
- Your mass mail account is now included in the folder list for your Outlook account.