Recently, ITS has been upgrading Office 2016 to Office 2019, now called Office 365. During this upgrade your outlook may stop working, constantly prompting to start in safe mode. The resolution is to do online repair.
- Open start menu
- Type "appwiz.cpl" and open the program
- Select Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, and click "Change"
- Select option for online repair
- Run repair - this takes about 15 minutes depending on internet
- Open outlook. It may ask for safe mode again, select "No". This should resolve the issue.