This article is intended for users who want to share files using Google Drive.
Google Drive has the ability to create a file (doc, spreadsheet, presentation, form, or drawing) and share it with a person or groups of persons. Once a file is shared with other users, you can begin to edit the file simultaneously using Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides. You can share files with members outside the University of Connecticut, but you will receive a warning message before you do so.
Sharing Files in Google Drive
- Open the document you want to share in Google Drive.
- Click the Share button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter the names or email addresses of people you would like to share the document with.
- Click the drop-down next to where you enter names to choose a permission level depending on if you want members to read only, or to be able to edit and change the file.
- If you would like to have different permission settings for each user added, click Advanced and choose the permission level using the drop-down next to each user’s name.
- Click Done.