Students, faculty, and staff can access UConn network via the Web VPN Portal, allowing them to access on-campus resources away from the campus through a web browser. The resources include File server access and desktop sessions.
Access to web-based resources, such as internal websites, are not available through this method.
There are other ways to access these websites that are better supported and provide a better experience.
- Try checking the access to websites via your regular browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Many websites have been modified so that you can access them off-campus by logging in with your NetID credentials.
- Use the Pulse Secure VPN Client installed on your PC, MAC, iOS, or Android device.
- Use the browsers offered in UConn AnyWare to access the site.
A virtual private network (VPN) creates a secure, encrypted connection between your off-campus computer and the campus network.
Connecting to the UConn Network via Web VPN Portal
Go to https://vpn.uconn.edu.
- In the "NetID" field, enter your NetID.
- In the "Password" field, enter your NetID password.
Use the "Browse" field at the top right of the screen to navigate to on-campus resources (e.g., file servers, terminal resources).
To end your session, click Sign Out.