Administrators can access and print What-If Advisement Reports in the Student Administration System.
To view and print What-If Reports,
- Log in to the Student Administration System.
- Click the NavBar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the Navigator icon.
- Click the Academic Advisement tab.
- Click the Student Advisement tab.
- Click the Request Advisement Report tab.
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- In the ID field, enter the appropriate ID.
- To select an ID from the Lookup List, click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the field.
- On the Lookup ID page, enter your criteria.
Click Look Up. A list of IDs will display.You may need to click View All for all IDs to appear.
- In the Report Type field, enter ADWIF.
- Click Add. The Report Request page will display.
- Under the What-If Information frame, check Use Career Simulation.
- Then click the View/Change the Career Simulation link that appears. The Create What-If Scenario page will display.
Click Copy Current Program for the system to automatically enter the student's current information.
Use the arrow buttons to the right of the Program What-If Data frame to scroll to the appropriate Academic Career.
If needed, modify the Career Requirement Term and Requirement Term fields. If you modify these fields, be sure they match each other.The Career Requirement Term and Requirement Term fields must be the same in all three sections of the page.
If the undergraduate student is considering a different school or college, you can change the student's Academic Program. Click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the field to select a different Academic Program.
- If the student is considering a different Plan, you can change the student's Academic Plan. Click the magnifying glass icon next to the Academic Plan field to select a different Plan. Be sure the Requirement Term for the Plan matches the requirement terms in the fields above.
- Each Program can have only one Plan code with a degree suffix (after the underscore), e.g., ALDHLTH_BS.
- Second majors have a 2 preceding the subject code, e.g., 2ANTHRO.
- Minors have a 3 preceding the subject code, e.g., 3EEB.
To add an additional Academic Plan (second major or minor) within the same Program, click the plus button to the right of the Plan What-If Data frame, and enter the What-If Data for the additional plan.
If you are adding a minor (i.e., plan with a 3 preceding the subject code, e.g., 3EEB), the Requirement Term may, but must not match the other Requirement Terms. This is only true for minors. When adding a major or subplan, the Requirement Terms must match the Program What-If Data.
- If including a Sub-Plan for one of the student's Plans, enter the Academic Sub-Plan What-If Data. Click the magnifying glass icon next to the Academic Sub-Plan field to select a Sub-Plan. Be sure the Requirement Term for the Sub-Plan matches the requirement terms in the fields above.
- Click the OK button. The Report Request page will reappear.
- Click the Process Request button. After a few moments, the What-If Report will display.
Click the View Report as PDF button to view and print the report.If the PDF document does not appear, disable pop-up blockers on your browser and try again
At the bottom of the page, click Return to Report Request to return to the Report Request page.
If you have questions, you should contact the Degree Audit unit of the Storrs Registrar's Office at (860) 486-6214.