Instructors can change final grades in the Student Administration System.

Final Grade changes can be submitted after grades have been approved and posted, as provided in the University By-Laws:

Grades are part of the student's permanent record. Therefore they should never be changed for reasons unrelated to course requirements or quality of work. An instructor may neither accept additional work nor give additional examinations once the grade in the course has been submitted. Nevertheless, there can be situations in which course grades may and ought to be changed. These comprise computational errors, clerical errors, and the discovery of overlooked components in a student's body of work.

  1. Click the NavBar icon in the top right-hand corner.
      navbar icon
  2. Click the Navigator button from the menu. 
    navigator button
  3. Click the Self Service tab. 
  4. Click the Faculty Center tab.
    Faculty Tab 
  5. Click the Grade Roster tab.   
    Grade Roster tab
  6. Click the My Schedule tab to display the My Schedule view.
    my schedule view
  7. From the My Schedule view, click the Grade Roster icon next to the class you wish to change grades for.
    grade roster
  8. The Grade Roster for the selected class will display. To change a final grade, the approval status must be Approved and Posted.
    approval status
  9. Click the Request Grade Change button. The Grade Change Request page will display. You can edit the official grades on this page.
    request grade change
  10. If you do not have the Request Grade Change option available as an option, contact the Registrar's Office to request a manual grade change.  
  11. Click the Official Grade drop-down list of the grade you wish to change and select the new grade.
    Request Grade Change Option
  12. You must enter a Reason for each grade change. Click the dropdown arrow to access the list of choices. 
    Grade Change Request Dropdown
  13. Select the appropriate reason.
    Reason dropdown
  14. If you cannot find the reason you are looking for, select Other. You will be required to enter a comment explaining the reason. The reason and comment entered will be part of the email notification sent to all parties. You may change as many grades as necessary. However, if you are changing multiple grades, you should limit your changes to no more than ten at a time to avoid processing errors.
  15. When your changes are complete, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Submit
  16. When the grade change process is successfully completed, Success will display next to the changed grade. If you receive an error message after clicking Submit, contact the Registrar's Office for assistance at (860) 486-3331.
  17. Repeat the steps above to change additional grades. 

Upon submission, an email is generated to all parties involved which includes: Instructor, Student, Department Head of [Subject], and the Dean's office. The email includes the original and changed grade, the reason for the change, and any comments entered.

You may change grades you have previously changed; however, you cannot solely change a Reason or Comment. If a reason or comment was entered in error, contact the Registrar's office for assistance at (860) 486-3331.