Instructors can upload grades to the Student Administration System as an alternative to entering the grades manually.
To format your CSV file,
File Upload Specifications
- The file must be in CSV (Comma delimited) format for PC users. For Mac users, the file must be in Excel's CSV (Windows) "Save as..." format.
- It must consist of four columns in this order: Term, Class Number, ID, and Grade.
- Column header names can vary but must contain the required data.
Grades must be in letter grade format and capitalized.
File Upload Specifications - Additional Tips
- The Term and Class Number columns require data in the first row only.
- Your Class Number can be found on your Faculty Center Class Roster or Grade Roster page in the Student Administration System.
- If you are submitting a batch upload with multiple sections, you should list the lecture class number. You do not need to know which graded class number is associated with each student.
- The Term Codes are as shown in the image below:
- The ID can be either a student's NetID OR the 7-digit Student Administration System ID.
- Additional columns may be present, such as Name, as long as they appear to the right of the required four columns and do not contain any commas in the column headers or rows.
- You can save the file with a name of your choosing; there is no naming convention.
To Upload Grades with a CSV File,
- Log into the Student Administration System.
- Click the NavBar icon in the top right-hand corner.
3. Click the Navigator button from the menu.
4. Click the Self Service tab.
5. Click the Faculty Center tab.
6. Click the My Schedule tab.
7. The My Schedule page will then display.
Confirm the Term before proceeding. If the term needs to be changed, click the Change Term button to select the appropriate term.
If you are entering grades for sections individually, Select the Grade Roster icon displayed in step 8.
If you are entering grades for multiple sections in batch, Select UPLOAD GRADES button on the My Schedule Page and proceed to Step 12.
8. Select the Grade Roster icon to the left of the class for which you want to upload grades.
11. Click the Upload Grades button.
12. Click the Browse button to locate the file you just created, select it.
13. Click the Open button.
14. Click the Upload button.
15. The file will then be processed. If errors display, you should review the errors and:
- Correct the CSV file.
- Upload the CSV file (overlaying previous grades), or
- Click the Return button and correct the grades(s) in the Grade Roster itself. For more information on how to record final grades, review the article Recording Final Grades.
16. If no errors are present, the Grade Roster page displays. Verify that all of the uploaded grades are correct.
17. Click the Save button at the bottom.
18. After all the grades have been populated and saved, change the Approval Status at the top of the page to Approved on each roster.
19. A confirmation screen will display. Click OK.
Uploading Grades with a CSV File - Additional Tips
- Grade rosters can be updated as many times as desired as long as the Approval Status is Not Reviewed. However, once the Approval Status has been changed to either Ready for Review or Approved the Upload button will no longer appear.
- Midterm rosters do not need to be approved.