Instructors can view and create class permission numbers in the Student Administration System.
Every term, permission numbers are created in batch by the Registrar’s Office. Permission numbers are used for instructor consent classes, over-enrollment and overriding requisites. Use this procedure to view existing permission numbers or to manually generate additional permission numbers when they are needed, for example, when a new section of a class is added after the batch process has been run, or when all existing permission numbers have been issued. You can also use this page to customize which requirements a permission number will override.
- Both instructors and administrative users with appropriate user security will be able to view and create permission numbers.
Class permission numbers can override:
- Closed Class: Allows a student to over enroll in a full course or take a reserve capacity seat.
- Requisites Not Met: Allows a student who does not meet the prerequisites or who has a credit restriction due to a previously taken course to register.
- Consent Required: Allows a student to enroll in a course that requires permission.
To obtain permission numbers for a class,
- Click the NavBar icon in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click the Navigator button from the menu.
3. Click the Self Service tab.
4. Click the Faculty Center tab.
5. Click the Grade Roster tab.
Selected the Issued By checkbox on the General Info page;
b. Customized requirements for a permission number on the Permission page;
c. Entered comments on the Comments page;
d. Deleted permission numbers from any of the pages.
17. Click the Download icon to download the list of Class Permission Numbers to Excel.
You must enable prompting for automatic downloads for this function to work properly. For Internet Explorer (IE) users, try the following if you experience issues with downloading the file:
- Open IE browser.
- Click Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Custom Level button.
- Scroll down the list to ActiveX controls and plugins
- Under the Allow previously unused Active X controls to run without prompt option, click Enable.
- Scroll down the list to Downloads.
- Under the Automatic prompting for file downloads option, click Enable.
- Click OK. Click YES to the warning.
- Click OK again.
- Close the browser.
- Save the file to a location you can easily find later.