Students can search for courses in the Student Administration System. Doing so can streamline the process of finding courses that fit your location, schedule, and required mode of instruction.
Under Additional Search Criteria, students can select the mode of instruction. If you are searching for courses by modality (in-person, online class, hybrid, etc.), this filter can help you find available courses more quickly. For more information about the different modes of delivery, see UConn eCampus's article University Modes of Instructions Definition.
To conduct a Class Search,
- Log in to your Student Administration account. The Student Administration System will then open to the Student Homepage.
- Click on the Manage Classes button.
- You will then be directed to the Browse Course Catalog section of the Manage Classes page. From the menu on the left-hand side of the page, click on Class Search and Enroll.
- To search for classes, enter a keyword (e.g., course name, subject, topic, etc.) in the Search for Classes field.
- Click the search button (shown below). A list of search results will display.
- Alternatively, click on the Additional ways to search link below the Search for Classes field.
- Scroll through the drop-down menus for Available Subjects, Catalog Number, and Typically Offered to search for items to select.
- Once you have made your selections, click the search button. A list of search results will display.
As you search for classes over time, the Favorites and Recently Viewed drop-down lists below the Additional ways to search link will display:
- Favorites: Your most frequently-viewed classes
- Recently Viewed: Your most recently-viewed classes