Students can request prior course approval through the Student Administration System. 

Before taking classes at another institution for transfer, it is recommended that you request an evaluation of the transferability of the course(s). Knowing whether or not a course is taken at another institution will transfer to UConn prior to taking that course will help you in planning accordingly. 

If you plan on attending a college or university in Connecticut AND the course(s) can be found in the Transfer Course Equivalencies search tool on the Office of Undergraduate Admissions' Transfer Course Equivalencies page, then no prior approval is necessary.

To request prior course approval, 

  1. Log in to your Student Administration account.
  2. From the Main Menu, click on the Manage Classes tile.

  3. Select Prior Course Approval from the left menu.
  4. The Prior Course Approval page will display your academic career, program, and plan information. If previously approved courses display, click the Plus button to begin a new request.

  5. Begin by entering the term code you wish to apply for. If you do not know what code to use, you can click the magnifying glass button next to the field to look it up.
  6. Enter the name of the College you plan to attend, the City, and State.
  7. Enter the name of the Subject, using the subject name that the school you plan to attend uses.
  8. Enter the School Course Number.  Use the course number the school you plan to attend uses.
  9. Enter Y if the course you plan to take will be an online class.  If the course will not be taught online, enter N.

  10. Enter Y or N for whether the course will be outside of the U.S.
  11. Click the Save and send email button. 

Transfer credit policies prohibit the award of transfer credit for laboratory sciences or foreign languages taught online.

Once you have completed the approved course and met the basic requirements for eligibility of transfer credit, you must request that an official transcript be sent directly to the University of Connecticut.  For more details, visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions' Transfer Credit Guidelines page.