Students can authorize the University to user Title IV funds for fee bill payments in the Student Administration System.
University charges other than tuition, fees, room, and board, cannot be paid automatically by Federal Title IV funds without your express authorization. This includes charges such as parking, health services, or balances from previous semesters. Without a waiver, you must pay these charges even if a refund check is received. If those charges remain unpaid, a bursar hold may be placed on your account. A bursar hold restricts registration and the use of athletic facilities and other services.
To avoid this inconvenience, waivers are available. These waivers authorize the UConn Bursar's Office to use Federal Title IV funds to pay any and all charges that may appear on your fee bill.
Creating a Title IV Financial Aid Waiver
To create a Title IV financial aid waiver,
- Log in to your Student Administration account.
- Click the Bursar Services tile.
- Click the Waivers tab.
- Waiver options will display. Click Title IV Waiver.
- Review the Introduction Page, which explains the purpose of Title IV financial aid waivers.
- Click the Next Tab button at the bottom of the page or the Waiver tab at the top of the page to continue processing the waiver.
- On the UCONN Financial Aid Waiver page, select the radio button option to authorize the use of your Title IV financial aid funds to pay any and all charges.
- Click the Create Waiver button.
- After clicking the Create Waiver button, a Waiver Successfully Created message displays.