Students can waive the University's health plan from their fee bill.
UConn automatically enrolls students in the University health plan. However, if you have alternative coverage, you can waive the University plan. If you fail to complete the waiver, it is assumed that you accept coverage offered under the University-sponsored health insurance plan, and the charge for that coverage will remain on your fee bill.
- If you wish to opt out of the University plan, you must complete the Health Insurance waiver.
- Fall waivers must be submitted prior to September 15th. Spring waivers must be submitted prior to February 5th.
Opting Out of the University Health Plan
To opt out of the University health plan,
- Log in to your Student Administration account.
- Navigate to Main Menu.
- Click on Self-Service.
- Click on Student Center. Your Student Center will display.
- Scroll down the page to the Finances section.
- Click the Permissions and Requests link.
The UCONN Student Permissions page will display. Click the Health Insurance Waiver link.
- The University of Connecticut Student Insurance Waiver page will appear. Review the introduction.
- Answer the 6 questions to help you determine whether or not your private insurance coverage is adequate.
- Select the name of your Insurance Company from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Name of the Insurance Company, the Member ID, and Group Number.
Read the acknowledgements, then enter your NetID in the Electronic Signature field.
Click the Submit Waiver Request button.
- Save/Print the confirmation page for your records.
By completing and saving the waiver form, you are not covered under the University-sponsored health insurance plan, and the charge for health insurance will be removed from your fee bill.