Faculty and staff can use Kaltura Self-Service Live Streaming to enhance their courses.
Kaltura Lecture Capture (KLC), which is supported by ITS, is a cloud-based media capture and storage application that facilitates the integration of multi-media content into the UConn learning management system, HuskyCT. The app features Kaltura Self-Service Live Streaming, a tool that enables instructors to live stream video, audio, and screen captures from their courses. Previously, instructors had to reserve specific video conference-enabled rooms and coordinate recordings with ITS’s Academic IT staff. With the Kaltura Live Stream service, instructors can perform ad hoc live streams in high-tech classrooms and also be recorded to their KLC online portal. No advance notice is required to use Self-Service KLC.
Using Kaltura Self-Service Live Streaming
To find rooms with Kaltura Self-Service live streaming,
- Go to the Classroom Directory.
- Click on the Show More Filters button under the page ribbon.
- Locate the Lecture Capture Options heading.
- Select the Self-Service Live Streaming option. Doing so will narrow the search results such that only the classrooms that are Self-Service Live Streaming-enabled will appear.
- Scroll down to the list of classrooms.
- Click on the Live Stream link that corresponds to your classroom.
- Direct users who will watch your stream to the Live Streaming page.
Select the associated room for your event.Please note that your event will not show on the calendar unless scheduling was coordinated with AIT.
Additional Support Articles