Faculty and staff may provide guest access to Collaborate sessions. If there is an accommodation in a course for CART services, the instructor will need to turn on Guest Access for the Collaborate session(s) and the link(s) needs to be shared with the Center for Students with Disabilities. This link can also be shared with Guest Speakers to join the class.
How to Turn on Guest Access for the Course Room or Scheduled Session in Collaborate
- Open the Collaborate Tool in your course
- Click on the Session
- Turn on Guest Access (if it is not already turned on)
- The default role is Participant, which allows the guest to turn on their audio and optionally their camera. A CART vendor only needs Participant access. A Guest Speaker may need Presenter access if they need to share their screen. Click Save so a link is generated.
- Copy the Guest Link and share this with the Center for Students with Disabilities if requested.
- Close the Session Settings
For more information or assistance with HuskyCT, contact the Educational Technology Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 486-5052.