Students, staff and faculty can set up LockDown Browser in HuskyCT.
Downloading and Installing Respondus LockDown Browser
Instructions on how to download lockdown browser can also be found on the HuskyCT Institution page.
Once you have downloaded LockDown browser, you will need to install the program. The method for installing LockDown Browser will differ based on your operating system (OS). The sections below contain installation instructions for each. Review the appropriate instructions for your OS.
Installing LockDown Browser for Windows
To install LockDown Browser for Windows,
Click on Install Now on the right side of the page.
- A download window will appear. Click Save File.
- If prompted by a security warning, click Run.
- Once the installed comes up, click Click to Install.
- If you have UAC active, click yes.
- Choose a setup Language and click Next. The installer will now begin to run. When you get to the license agreement, select I accept…
- Click Next. The installer will finish.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
Installing LockDown Browser for MacOS
To install LockDown Browser for MacOS,
- Click on Install Now on the right side of the page.
- The installer will be put in your Downloads folder. Open it up from there. Once the installer opens, follow the onscreen instructions by clicking Continue for the "Introduction" and "License" sections.
- Select the Mac HD or the default hard drive for the destination to install.
- Click Continue.
- Click Install.
- The installation will then run. When complete, click Close.
Installing LockDown Browser for Chromebook (Chrome OS)
Lockdown Browser for Chromebook is now available as a beta release!
Use the following steps to enable Lockdown Browser on your personally owned Chromebook:
- Log into the Chromebook and start Google Chrome
- Go to the download link for LockDown Browser (this link is unique to each institution. You can find this on the HuskyCT Institution Page); you will automatically be redirected to the Chrome Web Store.
- From the Chrome Web Store, select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension
- Log into Blackboard Learn and navigate to the exam that requires LockDown Browser
- The LockDown Browser extension will be started automatically when an assessment requires it
- Note: during the beta, this extension will only work with assessments an instructor has enabled for use with LockDown Browser for Chromebook
The following Knowledgebase article provides additional information about the beta release of LockDown Browser for Chromebook, including feature limitations and known issues: https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/586. This article will be updated periodically during the beta.
Testing for Whether LockDown Browser is Required
Performing a test in HuskyCT will indicate whether or not LockDown Browser is required.
To test if LockDown Browser is required,
- Close all programs except the one connecting you to the Internet.
- Locate the Lockdown Browser shortcut on the desktop and double-click it.
- Mac OS users should launch LockDown Browser from the Applications folder.
If prompted, either close a blocked program (e.g., screen capture or instant messaging) by choosing Yes, or close LockDown Browser and close the blocked program before restarting.
- Login to HuskyCT using your NetID and Password.
Navigate to the test and select it.
- If the instructor requires a test password, a new window will appear asking for the Exam Password. Enter the password.
- Click Begin Exam.
- The test will then start.
Once a test has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until you have clicked the Submit button.
For more information or assistance with HuskyCT, contact the Educational Technology Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 486-5052.