Students, faculty, and staff can give Collaborators permission to edit their media on Kaltura.
To do so,
- Log in to Kaltura by selecting My Media in HuskyCT.
- Alternatively, you can log in using the Mediaspace Portal.
- Click on the video for which you would like to give collaboration permissions.
- Click on Actions.
- Select Edit.
- Click on Collaboration.
- Select Add Collaborator.
- Type in the NetID that corresponds to the person you're giving access.
- Check off the permissions you wish to grant them.
- Co-editors have the permission to edit the metadata associated with your media. Co-editors have all the same metadata options as owners except the Collaboration tool. This also allows them to edit the media itself.
- Co-publishers have the permission to publish the media.
- Co-viewers can view media, even if you have not published it.
To view and edit the content, the new collaborator should:
- Log in to the Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Navigate to My Media.
- Click on Filters.
- Under Ownership, click either Media I Can Edit or Media I Can Publish.