UConn faculty, staff, and students can upload videos into Kaltura for use in HuskyCT or other websites.
To upload video files into Kaltura,
Log into HuskyCT by navigating to lms.uconn.edu.
- Alternatively, you can log directly into Kaltura by navigating to kaltura.uconn.edu. If you choose to log into Kaltura, click on Guest to sign in then skip to step 4 on this guide.
Select Tools from the left-hand menu.
- Click on My-Media.
- Click on Add New in the top-right of your window.
- Select Media Upload.
- Click on the Choose a file to upload button.
- Navigate to the file located on your computer, or drag the file onto the area. Once you select the file you wish to upload, it will start uploading to the Kaltura platform. You will have a progress bar showing the status of the upload. Depending on file size and connection speed, your upload time will vary.
- Enter a name for the video. Give the upload a appropriate, meaningful name so it’s easier to find later.
- Enter any details you wish for the description and tags to help keep your videos organized.
- Click save. Once the upload is complete, the video will show in your My Media portal for Kaltura. You will then be able to embed, share, or even create a quiz with the video that can be shared within a HuskyCT course or organization or outside HuskyCT (i.e. department websites).