Faculty and staff can add videos from Kaltura, YouTube or Vimeo into their Aurora site.
To embed a Kaltura video,
- Navigate to UConn's MediaSpace.
- Click GUEST.
- Click on Login in the top right corner.
- Login with your NetID and NetID password.
- Click +Add New.
- Select Media Upload to upload your video to Kaltura.
- View the video.
- Click on the Share tab.
- Click on Embed.
- Copy the highlighted iFrame code.
- Paste the code into the text editor.
YouTube or Vimeo
To embed a YouTube or Vimeo video,
- Copy the video's URL.
- Paste it into either the visual editor or the text editor. It does not matter which.
To fix a width, add width= to the embed shortcode. This acts as a maximum width, the video will never be wider but may shrink if the browser width is too narrow. The measurement is automatically taken in pixels, so if you type width="280" it means 280px. See the example below.
Uploading Videos to Aurora
Alternatively, you can upload MP4 or OGG video files, using the Add Media button to add it to a page. Videos can be quite large and may not fit on Aurora. Consider where to store long videos or HD videos.
For a guided example of how to upload videos to Aurora, watch the video below.