Tips for Saving Space
Edit Images Before Uploading
If you edit images in WordPress, it appears as if you’ve done the correct thing of resizing and cropping the image down. However, the WordPress image editor is non-destructive, which means it keeps the original in the Media Library, and then creates a duplicate for the new edited version. Instead, try one of the following software to reduce the image size:
- Google Squoosh (image compression and resize)
- TinyPNG (image compression)
- GIMP (resize and edit the image)
- Fotor (resize and edit the image)
- Resizeimage (crop and edit the image)
- Photoshop (Go to Image > Image Size, and choose a resolution of 72px, and if your width is larger than 1200px, you’ll want to reduce that as well. Then, use the File > Save for Web… option to compress the image into a JPG. This process can compress a print quality image by as much as 99%.)
Export Screen Versions of Office Documents
Programs like Word and PowerPoint have options for saving smaller versions of the original document.
If you have a large number of files that people will commonly want to access together, you can bundle and compress them into a single ZIP file for additional storage saving.
For sites with truly massive storage needs, it may be necessary to keep files on another web server and link to them. When inserting an image or linking to a document, rather then browsing the Media Library, you would just enter the URL of the file on the other server. If you require this setup, contact email@example.com about obtaining an account.
Videos can now be uploaded to Kaltura MediaSpace and embedded within your Aurora site. Follow the following instructions on how to Upload to Kaltura MediaSpace and Embed Your Video. Please note the embed instructions show how to share a link, to embed a video within Aurora copy the code from the embed tab during the last step and paste it into the text tab of a page or visual editor widget.
Basic Aurora WordPress Articles
- Manage Storage Space and Specification
- Theme - Beecher Stowe
- Edit Content
- Layout page using Page Builder
- Media Library
- Color Picker