This article is for website administrators seeking information regarding the Tawk.to Live Chat plugin for Aurora.
Website administrators can activate a plugin that uses the Tawk.to service to incorporate chat into their Aurora websites. The Tawk.to plug-in is a free live chat app that integrates seamlessly with Aurora. It is designed to more effectively manage the online community engagement experience, and enable multiple websites and agents in a single dashboard interface to chat with the visitors on your website. Compatible with up-to-date common browsers, Tawk.to is free live chat software created out of the growing need for organizations to respond in real time, with real people.
- Email email@example.com with your website URL to request the Tawk.to live chat plugin.
- Visit the Tawk.to web site to sign up for an account with your UConn email address.
- On your website, go to the site Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click on Tawk.to to log into the account and set which pages will display the live chat icon/bubble.
- If the live chat icon/bubble isn't showing on the page(s) when you are logged out of Aurora, review the article, Server Cache.
Once the plugin is enabled on the site, you can use your Tawk.to account to customize the appearance and function. Visit their knowledge base articles and engage with their live chat support for more assistance with using their service.
Getting Chat Notifications
If you are missing notifications from colleagues messaging you in various Teams or channels, you can set up notifications in the desired channel. To do so,
- Click on the Need Assistance elipsis.
- Set up New Message Notifications under Channel notifications so that you will be notified when colleagues ask for help.
- Do not check Include replies.
- If Need Assistance is italicized in the channel or Team you're working with, you will need to un-hide the channel so that you can see the Channel Notifications option.