With the URL Shortener app, anyone with a UConn NetID can take a long URL and can create a short URL for it. This short URL will direct people to the same page as the full URL.
A short URL can be useful when you have character limits.
Create a short URL
- Go to s.uconn.edu.
- Click NetID Login, and then enter your NetID and password.
- The next page lists the short URLs you have created. To create a new short URL, click Create Short URL.
- Enter the full, long URL in the first line. The other fields are optional.
If you want a specific short URL, enter that in the second line. Whatever you select will follow this format: s.uconn.edu/...
If the requested short URL has already been created by another user, you will see a message that it already exists. Choose a different short URL.
- If you do not specify a short URL, the system will generate one for you.
- Click Create Short URL. You will see the message “Your URL has been added: s.uconn.edu/…” if you were successful.
If you do not enter a title for the entry, the system will pull one from the webpage listed. Edit the entry to change it.