The Max Mega Menu plugin allows sites to have huge dropdown sections that can include menus, arbitrary text, images, or even widgets.
This plugin is only recommended for users comfortable with using more advanced interfaces and site options.
To enable this on your site, please contact the Aurora team, and we'll set you up.
Enabling the Mega Menu
- To gain Max Mega Menu capabilities on a menu, go to Appearance > Menus and select your desired menu.
- On the right you'll see a panel labeled Max Mega Menu Settings, and in that panel you'll see the option to Enable the Mega Menu.
- Be sure to click Save after you check the box.
Mega Menu Settings
- Under the panel labeled Max Mega Menu Settings, users can customize the appearance of the menu.
- The Event drop down allows you to choose whether a user must hover over a menu item or click on it to display its Mega Menu content.
- The Effect drop down allows you to choose how the menu content appears on the screen (Fade, Fade Up, Slide, Slide Up) and with what speed (Slow, Med, Fast).
Editing Mega Menu Items
If the Mega Menu is enabled, you will see a Mega Menu button appear on each of your menu items as you hover over them. Click on one to edit that item as well as its sub menu. Within this editor you have three different tabs: Mega Menu, Settings, and Icon.
- In the Mega Menu edit screen, you must first change the drop down menu labeled Sub menu display mode from Flyout menu to Mega Menu. If you keep it as Flyout menu, only the sub items listed underneath the menu item in your menu structure will appear and any widgets you had added to the item's Mega Menu will be disabled. When you switch to Mega Menu, you will be able to display widgets as well as sub menu items.
- Add widgets to the mega menu by choosing them from the drop down menu at the top right. Once a widget is added, you can edit it by clicking on the wrench icon that appears in it.
- You can choose how many columns your mega menu has through a drop down menu at the top right. In addition, you can choose the number of columns each individual widget takes up by clicking the left (decrease) or right (increase) arrows that appear on it. You may drag and drop widgets or sub menu items to rearrange them.
- The Settings edit screen contains various options for users to edit the appearance of the menu item, such as hiding the text, hiding the arrow, aligning it on the header, and disabling its link. Users may also choose to hide the item on mobile view or on desktop view. This edit screen also allows users to choose how the sub menu is aligned and whether to hide it on mobile.
- The Icon edit screen gives users the option to choose an icon to be displayed next to the text on the menu item.